Links to specific OSLib releases are provided below; you should normally only need the latest version; the links to earlier versions are only provided to give a fallback in case you have problems with the latest release, and for historical interest.
All available OSLib releases can be found at OSLib's SourceforgeFiles Release area.
The down-loadable files on this site are all in compressed zip file format. To uncompress any of them, use David Pilling's SparkPlug.
- Version 7.00 (09 December 2012)
- Features GCCSDK GCC 4 (ELF) support, RISC OS 5 and RISC OS 6 API support, Vala binding support and the usual set of bug fixes and improvements.
- Version 6.90 (02 January 2007)
- Adds some Reporter SWIs, and fixes bugs in PCI, OS, and ColourTrans.
- Version 6.80 (31 December 2005)
- Adds a number of new functions, and some constants, together with a few bug fixes.
- APCS-R (26-bit) OSLibSupport library (09 March 2005)
- The GCCSDK, which is used to build OSLib and its support library no longer supports the compilation of 26-bit code. In consequence, the OSLib project will also no longer issue 26-bit versions of the library. This should not be a problem for the main library, as the code is fully compatible. For the Support library, there may be a problem with linking with older 26-bit C code. The Support library under this link is a final build, compiled using the Castle compiler with 26-bit APCS. It will remain here, at the level of OSLib 6.70, but will not be further developed. For the current, 32-bit, OSLibSupport library, please follow the links to the current OSLib page.
Use of the library is quite straightforward and intuitive, but first-time users may find some examples useful. These are available from the download page.
A complete example of an application using the Toolbox and OSLib can be found here.